Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2022

And Then There Were Four

 On June 9, 2022, candidate Ryan Kelley was arrested by the FBI following numerous tips that he had participated in the 2021 United States Capitol attack.[14] The criminal complaint alleges that Kelley engaged in disorderly conduct on restricted grounds and engaged in acts of violence against a person or property. [14]

Candidates

Declared[edit]

  • Tudor Dixon, conservative media personality [15][16]
  • Ryan D. Kelley, Allendale Township Planning commissioner (candidacy in question after being arrested for participating in the January 6th riot)
  • Ralph Rebandt, Farmington Hills pastor [17]
  • Kevin Rinke, businessman [18][19]
  • Garrett Soldano, chiropractor, businessman and former co-chairman of Unlock Michigan [2



At this rate, I won't have to make a decision in our August primary.  I do hope, however, that one of them is still standing by then.  

I am in general agreement with Uncle Ken's position on objective reality.  The thing is, though, I am unlikely to journey to Chicago to measure this hypothetical tree for myself, so I have to take his word for it.  But what if Old Dog hypothetically were to claim that the alleged tree does not exist?  Which of my esteemed colleagues am I supposed to believe?  First, I would try to ascertain if either of them had anything to gain or lose by deceiving me.  Then I would try to decide if I had anything to gain or lose by believing either of them.  Then I would compare both claims to any previous knowledge I had of trees and backyards to see which claim made the most logical sense to me.  I don't think that Uncle Ken even has a back yard.  I don't know that for an absolute fact, but let's say I checked it out on Google Earth and found that the closest thing Uncle Ken has to a backyard is his balcony garden.  While I have been impressed by the photos I have seen of this garden, I don't think a 30-foot tree would fit in there without encroaching on the balcony of his upstairs neighbor.  Said neighbor would likely complain to the condo management, and they would likely agree with him.  Therefore, I believe it is unlikely that Uncle Ken has a 30-foot tree in his backyard.  Not impossible, you understand, for nothing is impossible, just not bloody likely.

"Idit ebat sebe!

That's not a nice thing to say to your fellow Beaglesonians, Mr. Beagles.  Maybe it loses something in the translation."

Sorry, I didn't mean it as an insult, I was merely quoting the Ukrainian Battle Cry as a source of inspiration, kind of like "Remember the Alamo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment