Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2022

picnics and ice cream cones

 Well gosh, I have been watching the 1/6 hearings pretty regularly and have learned new things every time, and so have the ink strained wretches, and yet it turns out, that Beagles, sitting there in the freehold has known all this stuff all along.  Well then I will stop bugging him about this.  But wait, no reason for me to mention this because he likely knew all along that I was going to say this.

As he likely also knows tomorrow is primary day in the Land of Lincoln.  The big news here is that. Ken Griffin, the richest man in all of Illinois is taking his moneybags and leaving this crime ridden state for the DeSantis Paradise, leaving behind his pet candidate, the mayor of Aurora, in the dust, and Trump has blessed the hayseed who will win the primary and go down in flames in the regular because we Land of Lincloners do not look kindly on the Trump banner.

And I will be taking part in it as an election judge.  A friend of mine who has been doing it for years had one of her crew drop out and she had me fill out the form and will use her pull to set me to work in the polling place.  Seems to me there will be a lot of sitting around waiting for the voters to elect their candidates, but you never know when an adventure is going to pop up it's exciting head.

Anyway it will be a welcome end to the back to back commercials which make you a little shocked that these guys are running for office when clearly they all belong behind the thickest wall of the strictest max security joint where they can wait out their days until Satan takes them straight to hell.

And then there are all those mailers, big shiny things so big that they do not easily fit into the little pigeonholes we Marina Cityers get our mail through so that our boxes are all clogged up, which is not that much of a problem since the paper recycle receptacle is only steps away.

I should run for something don't you think?  The dawgs know well of my wit and wisdom and my kindly nature.  Not so much the rest of the populace, who will need to be enlightened by my commercials and mailers which will take dough I know, but apparently there are lots of rich guys who are just looking for a candidate to back because there is a shortage of polo ponies currently, and why not Uncle Ken?

Who has a secret (well not anymore since the entire readership of The Institute knows) strategy.  My commercials will be like half the length of a regular commercial and consist of the message that I have spent the rest of  the rest of the money on a picnic for orphans, followed by a few short shots of happy orphans gamboling on bosky dells while kindly Uncle Ken hands out ice cream cones.

Of course my opponents, noting my soaring pill numbers, could do the same, but well and good.  All those smiling orphan faces will likely get boring after awhile but still much better than my opponent is a heartless criminal who they ought to have strung up long ago.  And the orphans will get to go on picnics and eat ice cream cones.  

And maybe my opponents, stealing my strategy, will defeat me in the election, but in the meantime have not the orphans and tv viewers had a swell time?  And that's really all I am about, trying to give people a swell time.

No comments:

Post a Comment