Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Putin the Uniter

We have discussed Switzerland's neutrality before.  I thought it was just a tradition, but according to this, it has been guaranteed by international treaty since 1815.  Now it seems that Putin is such a dick head that even the Swiss are turning against him.  Then there's Norway and Finland, two other mostly neutral countries that are now planning to join NATO because of the war in Ukraine.  One thing you can say about Putin, he sure knows how to unite people in a common cause.

 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukraine-war-raises-hard-questions-for-neutral-swiss/ar-AAX0hY5?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

I wonder why Trump, who openly admires Putin, seems to have the opposite effect on people.  If Putin is the Great Uniter, Trump is surely the Great Polarizer.  Although I had mixed feelings about Trump and his followers in the past, they crossed the line and went too far on January 6, 2021.  I plan on voting against them in the primary and will still vote for any non-Trumpist Republicans that are on the ballot in November, but what am I supposed to do about the Trumpists that are on the ballot.  I suppose it's safe to vote for the Libertarians because they will never win, but what this country really needs is a party for normal regular Americans like me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment