Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2022

3931





I have heard the story of Old Dog's relationship to the numbers on the door but I had forgotten it.  Firstly I want to say what a graceful rendition of simple digits that Old Dog has done.  Art Nouveau I believe, the style of my hero Louis Sullivan, before this graceful style was replaced by that stripped down streak of lightning cars deco style.

And beyond the style of Old Dog and the pitiful rendition on my part, beyond style there are the numerals themselves.  39 is 3x13, and 31 is 13 reversed.  All digits are powers of 3; 1.2.0.1, which is, well I don't know, clearly I am making this all up at this point.


But as long as we are talking about me I want to announce my upcoming and likely last Ten Cat show, Bugs and Stuff, and here is a preview.  http://www.bckat.us/KenSchadt/2022show/index.htm



Just because I am a kitchen drudge making the same simple stuff day after day for my simple and mundane palette. does not mean that I am not thrilled, much as the couch potato watching a tale of mountain climbing, reading of the derring do of the Old Dog having fun in the kitchen.

I know Old Dog doesn't care for that political stuff, but I also know that it gets Beagles' heart a pumping, and I do what I can to keep the Institute popping along because there is nothing I like better. even than the smell of napalm in the morning and that is a new post to ponder upon.  

In January of 2017 I went on a rant about ice cream machines because both dawgs had been going on about them for some time and I was bored to death with it.

That was a grievous error on my part and I have regretted it ever since.  If reasonable people find ice cream machines a worthy subject of reasonable discussion well, is that not what The Institute is all about?   

Let a thousand flowers bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment