Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Smart TVs

 A smart TV is like a regular TV only with more added features, most of which you will never use.  I bought a cheap one, a 32 incher, but I think it has everything that the more expensive ones have.  There should be a receptor for a coaxial cable, which will allow you to hook into your antenna or cable source.  If not, your dealer can probably sell you some kind of adapter.  If you have an old DVD player, the three wire color coded hookups won't work, although they probably sell an adaptor for that as well.  The newer models connect with an HDMI, which stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface.  There should be several plug ins for those, and you can connect to all kinds of devices with them.  Mine also has one plug in for a USB wire in case one of your devices uses that.  You can connect to your computer if you want to, but you don't have to.

Mine came with only a quick start up guide and I had to go online for the complete manual.  The hardest part for me was sorting through all the stuff I will never use to find the stuff I needed to know.  There are numerous setting options for you to play around with until you find out which ones you prefer.  The one I will tell you about is the picture size.  Every flat TV that I ever saw displayed a full screen picture, but mine had black borders like the ones you get when you play a movie that was formatted for a wide screen projector.  With the picture size adjustment, however, I was able to make it display full screen.  Most of the channels display best in the "zoom" mode, but the weather channel and the PBS channel work better in the "stretch" mode.  If you are in "zoom" and peoples' heads are being chopped off, try the "stretch" mode.  

I never was a fan of horror movies, and the only monster movie I liked was Moby Dick, the good version with Gregory Peck.

I haven't been commenting on the news lately because it seems like it's been the same thing over and over again lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment