Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Catfish nuggets

Uncle Ken is firing on all cylinders with the ongoing tale of the Catfish.  #7 is particularly good with the dark turn the story takes with the introduction of Ron, who may (or may not) be the successor of Catfish as the main "character" at The Great Wall.  The dynamic social life of the bar continued during the absence of the Catfish and this Ron fellow seems to have slipped in to fill the void.  I'll patiently await further developments.

As I read about the The Great Wall a couple of old songs by The Animals started to echo in my mind, reminding me of my own experiences in the social life of a barfly.  "When I Was Young" and "Good Times" are the songs I'm thinking of, with their evocative lyrics. "When I think of all the good times that I've wasted, having good times..."  I wonder if the Catfish will become another Hank Chinaski.

-----

Artistic recognition is nice but I think the writer will write, the painter will paint, and the musician will bang away on the old piano whether or not they get the acknowledgement they deserve; they cannot do otherwise.  But that's just my opinion, man.

-----

I'm glad that Mr. Beagles is around to tend to the needs of his ailing Missus.  Please get well soon, Mrs. Beagles.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment