Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Pretty Good Life

 I never cared much about financial or social success.  All I wanted in my life was to live in  rural area where I could walk out my door to go hunting.  That way, if there ever was another Great Depression or another big war when gas was rationed, I could still do what I wanted to do.  Looking back on it, it wasn't just about killing animals, it was about living in a place where I could hunt, fish, and roam the countryside at will without having to join an expensive club.  After my experiences in Alaska and the army, I decided that I also wanted electricity and indoor plumbing, which some rural areas still didn't have in those days.  About that time I came to the realization that, to make all this possible, I needed a decent job, which some rural areas also didn't have, and still don't.  It all came together when I landed in Cheboygan, but then I decided that I needed one more thing to make my life complete, regular sex and female companionship.  That one took a couple of years to secure, but I didn't mind because I had a lot of fun trying.  It hasn't been a perfect life, but it's been pretty good so far and it ain't over yet. 

I never saw those movies but, when I was in West Berlin, it was a modern thriving city.  The commies who ruled East Berlin didn't seem to be in a hurry to rebuild after World War II, and East Berlin was still pretty bleak.  The trouble with the Wall had settled down by the time I got there, although the Wall itself remained in place until 1990.  I saw them tearing it down on TV and wished I was there with them.  Not that I wanted to do the actual demolition, but the people doing it seemed to be in a festive mood, and I figured there would be one hell of a party afterwards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment