Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday Monday

 I've always liked Mondays, even when I had to work for a living.  It was Sunday that gave me the blues.  Most of the day was okay, but come around five o'clock when the weekend can truly be said to be over, because it's just another night when you are getting ready for work the next day.  See that's the thing, a whole week of work ahead of me after yet another weekend when I hadn't really had as much fun as I was hoping for, and nothing to be done about it until the next morning.  But come Monday morning I could begin cutting through the week and getting closer to the weekend.  Only 39 hours, now 38, it was getting closer every hour.

I still allow myself a few more beers on the weekend and kind of celebrate it in general, but Sunday I kind of get the blues all day, just listless and I don't know, world weary, housekeeping chores and whatnot I can't be bothered to bother with, I'll do it tomorrow.  And I usually do,  Even now the laundry downstairs is in the wash cycle.  And just now I heard that Tampa Bay has beaten the Chiefs.  I hate the cheater, but I guess I really don't care that much.


This Trump as a double agent thing, since it is your private fantasy I reckon you can think whatever you want about it.  I still think that putting the Queen of England or Elvis Presley at the head of it, would give it more pizzazz, but hey it is your own private Qanon, or maybe it can be Banon.

Since I thought Cruz was the worst of the bunch I guess it is no surprise that Beagles would pick the prick for the next election.  He is said to be the most hated man in congress.  Recently I heard an interview where Al Franken said, "You know, I liked Cruz more than most of his colleagues, and I hated him."  But I guess that is even more reason for Beagles to like him.  And the fact that Cruz continues to be one of Tump's more blatant backers should not be a problem because Beagles had no problem voting for the man himself.

If the republican party comes up with somebody more to Beagles's liking, judging by the guys Beagles likes, they probably won't stand a chance in the next election which is fine with me.  

The second impeachment begins today I think.  I can't muster up much emotion for it.  I guess it will be a test to see where the republican party will be going, but I think it is too early to mean much.  I expect most reps will stay in the Trump fold for now, but later as the star dims in Mar A Largo they will fade away.  You can say you have heard it from me who has been wrong in just about all my Trump predictions so far.


Meanwhile we will be chugging along through this current deep freeze, the longest stretch of below freezing since 1957 I heard the weatherman say yesterday.  Oh look at the clock, my clothes should be ready to pop out of the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment