Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

groundhog day

  I never said that the lockdowns had no effect, I just said that they have failed to stop the virus.  

Well there we are then.  It seemed to me that you had said that about a week ago when this maddening exchange began but I do not have the heart to search for it right now.  And of course I don't think anybody, including myself, ever said that it would stop the virus, it will merely slow it down and fewer deaths will ensue.


There are some things that don't add up for me, like how is it that a vaccine that is 95% effective in the US is only 70% effective in another country? 

It is indeed a puzzlement.  I would definitely look into that if I knew what vaccine is being spoken of and what that other country is.


I'm glad to hear that Old Dog's kidney stone was just a glancing blow.  And kudos on him for breaking the chains of tobacco.  Let me salute him with this from one of my favorite shows of many years ago.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIMJcBpqKI


Groundhog Day.  January is in the rear view mirror. God is it only two weeks ago that Trump hit the rear view mirror?  It seems like months since my teeth clenched whenever I heard the words, "The president."  That vac has been percolating in my veins almost a week.  Things are looking up.  My show about big cats and alleys has been up in the Ten Cat windows since July 27 and this afternoon I will be replacing them with reruns of corn and tomatoes.  I am calling it Summertime 2021, which is a long way off I know, but it is something to look forward to at last.


And this just in in the Trump/GOP wars:  Moscow has just denounced that crazy Qanon chick from Georgia who wants to have Nancy Pelosi executed.  I would have mentioned her name except that neither did Moscow who clearly thought that would be imprudent.  A profile in courage.

I submit to Beagles that the question is not is Trump a double agent (which is very close to what Qanon is saying), as to what is wrong with a political party that so happily breaks down like a shotgun for him?  Is this a party worth saving?

No comments:

Post a Comment