Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2021

Happy February

Someday I'll be able to make some sense of the pandemic but I don't think it will be anytime soon.  There are some things that don't add up for me, like how is it that a vaccine that is 95% effective in the US is only 70% effective in another country?  I wasn't planning on getting the vaccine but the Johnson & Johnson version might change my mind.  It's much less effective than the  others but it's only one shot, and none of the people that caught the virus ended up in the hospital or dead.  With all the new variants popping up it seems like a crap shoot; there were a couple of guys in Brazil that had two versions of the virus at the same time.  Face masks and social distancing still seem like a good strategy to me.

-----

I find it hard to believe that such a simple thing as a chainsaw can't be repaired but it's very easy to believe that the folks at Ace Hardware didn't have a clue.  If it took them a month to decide that it couldn't be fixed I suspect that it sat on a shelf and nobody wanted to deal with it, or knew how to deal with it.  I ran "chainsaw repair Cheboygan MI" through Google and got a few hits, some nearby and others as far away as Traverse City.  Also, this could be another case of it being cheaper to get a new one than fixing the old one.  Are there local tool rental places that you can use in the meantime?  Finally, did you try troubleshooting the problem yourself? 

-----

Just saw the latest post from Uncle Ken, guess he couldn't wait for my later-than-usual Monday post.

Anyhow, the kidney stone must have passed; there was only one day of discomfort and it wasn't as bad as some other times.  I think if I keep a closer eye on my diet I'll be fine.

More than two years since the noxious weed, can almost taste it and think about it way too much.  No going back, though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment