Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Living in My Promised Land

Uncle Ken has a point about the Promised Land.  I consider America to be my Promised Land, and would be willing to share it with the Jews as long as they behaved themselves and didn't try to take it over.  Last I heard, there were at least twice as many Jews in the U.S. as there were in Israel, so I didn't think that adding seven million more would hurt anything.  The thing I overlooked was that all Jews aren't create equal.  The Jews in America are American Jews, but the new Jews wouldn't be American Jews, they would be Israeli Jews, at least for the first generation, and I agree with Uncle Ken that they would likely try to take it over and make it their Promised Land just like they did with Israel, and like the Czechs and Poles did with the South Side of Chicago until the Blacks and Hispanics pushed them out and made it their Promised Land.  It's kind of like the story about my daughter and the raccoon.

My daughter once spent a couple years living like a Hippie on private land that was made into a communal farm by the owner.  Well, there wasn't a lot of actual farming done, but the residents called it "The Farm" because it used to be one before the current owner acquired it.  My daughter and her boyfriend raised a dozen chickens and planted a substantial garden, which was more farming than any of the other residents ever did.  As the garden crops approached maturity, they attracted the attention of a raccoon that started raiding at night.  My daughter and her boyfriend pitched a tent in the middle of the garden and took turns guarding it at night with a shotgun.  When the owner got wind of this, she told my daughter that she didn't allow hunting on her property.  My daughter explained that she wasn't hunting, she was protecting her garden from the raccoon.  The owner said, "You know, God gave this land to the raccoon as much as He gave it to us."  My daughter replied, "No, God gave the woods to the raccoon, He gave this garden to me."  (I don't think they ever shot the raccoon, but they made him feel unwelcome and he stopped coming around.)

Fancy Nancy's stalling tactic reminds me of something that I read in the Koran some time ago.  Mohammed instructed his followers to never agree to a truce with the "Infidels" when they were winning the battle.  The only thing a truce is good for is to allow the losing side to rest up, regroup, and live to fight another day.

I seem to remember that Bolton guy saying that he would be willing to testify if he was issued a proper subpoena.  I don't know why he insisted on that, but he did.  Has anybody who has testified in this case so far been subpoenaed?  

No comments:

Post a Comment