Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

day one, the hearings

I just said that the problem with those girls' car that long ago Texas afternoon was that it wouldn't start to make the story simpler.  Actually it was green goo was coming out of the undercarriage.  I got down on my hands and knees and sure enough there was green goo, and I believe my reaction was to shrug my shoulders and they went on to find a manlier man.  But let's say that it was s problem with the car not starting, actually I knew a little about that because I had owned a car that had trouble starting.  It was some kind of electrical leak, to use a technical term, What I did was whenever I drove it anywhere I would disconnect the battery, and then reconnect it when I wanted to start The Beast again. 

But anyway the point that I am going to get to is that I know very little about cars, especially what goes on under the hood, and frankly don't care very much,  The best thing I could do for those girls was say I didn't know.  It would be a waste of both our times for me to go into some long-winded ignorant rant about it, that could only make things worse.  Similarly with Beagles's demonstrated lack of knowledge and curiosity about the Mideast it would be best for us all if he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away when the subject came up.  Similarly I expect that his knowledge of, and curiosity about, Vietnam, the war and the country, is sparse.  It may seem curious that I use the word curious, but the thing is if Beagles had any curiosity about these issues he could learn about them.


So here we are on the morning of impeachment.  No witnesses, no documents, no nothing, just the way Moscow wants it.  I hear that Romney and the girls made some deal where at some point after the first four days of speeches a vote on whether or not to call witnesses may be held, but even then they would need one more vote which nobody sees where that is going to come from and republicans of conscious are made of the softest of tissue paper, so likely nothing going on there.

Each side will get 24 hours to present their cases, in 12 hour sessions that will not begin till around noon so that much of America will be sleeping while the important issues of the day will be debated.  Well not debated, there will be no interaction between the sides, just 24 hours of dems followed by 24 hours of Trumps.  And really who can blame America when we will just be hearing the same stuff we have been hearing for weeks?  If I were the dems I would keep it simple.  The case against Trump can be presented in ten minutes, make it an hour with all the trimmings.  /I would just be repeating that hour on the hour to let it sink in deeply.  The Trumps have a sharp lawyer or two and then a bunch of tv lawyers and just lately he have added Machine Gunner Coatless Joe Jordan and his Firebrands from the House of Reps, so expect a circus from the Trumps, and they better give him a good one because they know he will be watching every second of it,

No comments:

Post a Comment