Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

the Dinty Moore philosopher king

Oh I don't think you can use that excuse, that you can oppose things for emotional or intuitive reasons without justifying them logically.  That goes against my whole crucible argument, which, by the way I have put into the crucible and found it to be absolutely logically unassailable.  What if your hypothetical wife decided that she was emotionally and intuitively for temperance and she could not possibly allow any beer drinking within Beaglesonia, and you said, "Hon, that's a little extreme, let's sit down here at the kitchen table and talk it over," and she refused to talk it over, or more accurately she agreed to talk about it but she let you know in advance that there was no way she would change her position any iota? 

If it's just some goofball idea floating around in your mind and it doesn't bother anybody, fine believe in UFOs or whatever, but if it's going to trample on somebody else's rights don't you believe those whose rights are going to be trampled on have a right to ask for it to be talked over?  What about our southern brethren who believed black people were absolutely inferior in every way? 

Don't you believe in the social contract?  Don't we have to compromise our purely emotional wants to get along with our fellow man?  If Beaglesonia were snowed in after some door to door salesman had dropped dead on your doorstep, are you telling me that you would let all that good meat go to waste? 

Solopism, oops my spellcheck doesn't like that.  What I do in such cases is google it and generally one of google's suggestions will be the correct spelling.  Ah by the time I had typed in solop, google suggested solipsism.  It's that s after the p that threw us off.  Well if we had heard the word spoken more often we would have heard it there and not had that problem.  We should probably get out to philosophy lectures more often.

Crazy man crazy, you developed your moral code a long time ago, and now the matter is settled and you are not changing it one iota.  I don't know what you mean by a long time ago, but I have noticed that a lot of people appear to have developed their mindset in their twenties and have not revisited it since then, and all I have to say is what a bunch of idiots.  Did it ever occur to them that they might have been wrong?  Did it ever occur to them that when they were in their twenties they were driving a car across Alaska and Canada with a case of Dinty Moore beef stew in the trunk, and might not have been the philosopher king that they would choose to lay down the ethics that they would live with for the rest of their life?

Myself, I like to think that I spread out my moral code on the kitchen table periodically and go over it for logical inconsistencies, and make what changes or updates are necessary.  Of course I don't do anything that formally, but I do think things over, I often read things that I disagree with to see if they have anything to say that might change my mind, and I am not saying I do it often, but sometimes I change my mind.

Walgreens is the ruler of our holidays isn't it?  We are minding our own business, and we step into Walgreens and suddenly it is Christmas, or Halloween, or Easter, or whatever.  Well what the hell, life is one long holiday is it not?  Speaking of holidays, how is the opening of deer season one?  I mean what do you do?  Have parades, cookouts, have big camo sales?

Oh you cwazee Fudds.  But what about the guy who killed Cecil?  What about guys like that?  Big game hunters I think they like to call themselves, like they are doing something bold, when what they are doing is going out with a bunch of handlers who at some point hand them a weapon (he was a bow hunter, and after that wounded the lion they tracked him down and shot him) point it at the prey, some helpless beast, and they blow it away.  And this is something they are proud of.  There is a photo that has tossed around during this todo of some woman sprawled across a giraffe, a fucking giraffe, blowing the smoke from her rifle and smiling.  Just between you and me, Beagles, I don't think she is going to eat all that.

I may not go for all that noble huntsman at one with his prey in the great chain of the happy hunting ground crapola, but I see your deer hunting as perfectly logical, as I suppose are the rabbit and bird and whatever hunting (I may have a quibble with that Dick Cheney hunting where they release a cage of fowl in front of you and you blast away at it with your shotgun), are all perfectly fine, but what do you think about those big game characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment