Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

ill tempered sinner Uncle Ken

I meant doing wrong by your own definition was what sin was.  Somebody elses's idea of what sin was would have no bearing for the purpose of this discussion (ftpotd).  Of course our opinions of what is right or wrong is subject to change especially for those of us who examine our lives periodically.  So what if you had been raised in a cannibal cult, and partook of the butchering and eating in your young years?  As long as you truly believed in cannibalizing at the time, I believe you haven't committed any sin ftpotd.

My example with the pizza thing was that if my Catholic pals didn't know it was Friday they could have devoured that pepperoni with no repercussions because they didn't know they were eating meat on a Friday.  Actually they don't believe it anymore, but that's not important for this discussion. 

Of course it would be wrong to trick them into ordering the meat pizza, that is kind of the point, you get to eat the whole pizza, and they get none ftpotd assume that they have to pay for the pizza up front.  We are not all as pure as Beagles the stone caster, who turneth away whenever sin rears its ugly head.  God what a goody two shoes.  You know some of those Catholic kids would have eaten the pizza anyway.  I assume they would have admitted it the next time they went to confession, and done something to atone for it.  See that's what I like about the Catholics in the book.  When they sinned, they knew they had sinned and they would atone for it, they had a nice little sin bookkeeping system. 

What was the advice of the young methodists on how to deal with sin.  Well of course you should avoid it, but we can't all be as pure as Beagles, so what do you do when you have sinned?  Do you have to atone?  Is it a chain around your neck that you will carry to the grave and I assume St Peter, oh wait we didn't have St Peter.  I'm sure we had somebody, probably some modest clerk would say hey, what is that black mark on your soul and you would have to explain it.  Just my guess I never made it to those heights of theological discussion.

Again I guess that vote on gay marriage, that is never going to happen anyway, is what this blog has been revolving around for the last couple weeks.  You say if I can convince you to change your mind you might change your vote, but then you also say that your vote is not based on logic, it is something you want to do because you want to do it and you will never change your mind, so who is the fool here? 

And then you go off blathering on about what the good book says about things, or rather what you think it says about things, because everybody who reads the damn thing comes away thinking something different.  And I don't believe a word of it, and I think you believe much of it, as being the inerrant word of that god who you don't really believe in either, so why is so much of this blog taken up with fucking bible study?  There are a lot of holy books, you could pick any one of them and it would have something to say about something.  Who cares?

I'm a little pressed for time this morning and maybe that's why I sound a little ill tempered, but I guess ill tempered has a place in this blogU

No comments:

Post a Comment