Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

what does it all mean? again.

You're right the Babylonians took the Israelites into captivity and Cyrus set them free.  I guess Cyrus was okay as conquerors go.  He did fuck with the Greeks, but the Greeks made some pretty good stories out of that, and finally along came
Alexander and settled the Persian hash, but just for a bit because his empire soon fell apart about the time the sun was rising over my favorite conquerors, the Romans. The Romans did that same plan of letting the conquered keep their religion and their rulers, to a lesser extant so did the Ottomans. 

We just seem to be recapping history here.  I read history all the time, and I have to because it seems like I forget it as soon as I read it.  I've been reading a lot about the early prots.  I wonder where the first Methodists came from.  I think they were renegade Calvinists who didn't like that predestination thing, and were all kind of peace and lovey.  Well I guess Beagles knows about that. 

My youngest sister took up with liberal Methodists in California, and I remember talking to the preacher at my sister's memorial and she was explaining the theology and structure of the Methodists, and I was rather surprised because I had never known they had one.  I thought it was just dress up when you go to church and don't do anything really bad and most likely you will end up in heaven.  Probably sitting in pretty celestial pews but I bet singing from those awful dogeared hymnals.

Where were we?  Life imitating art which imitates life which imitates art.  One supposes that life came first. 

Well here's a thing.  My cats do very well going about eating and sleeping and crapping, no doubts seem to fill their fuzzy little heads.  Likely it was the same for our hunter gatherer forbears, but somewhere it must have occurred to one of them, what does it all mean, and with that the very idea that there was meaning.  Maybe it disturbed his day and his aim was off and he missed with his spear and his family went hungry and died and his sons had no children, but his neighbor it never even occurred to, and his aim was true and his family was fat and his children made many more children and that is why the human of today is so incurious.  What do you think about that, thinking man?

No comments:

Post a Comment