Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

jehova vs buddha/batman vs superman

I didn't mean to be beating a dead horse with that creation thing, I was just pointing out the way you kind of pooh pooh the creation thing, but then you seem to take that thing about the animals and the fishes seriously.  As a matter of fact you call the author of that quote "our" god.  What do you mean 'we' Kimosabe?  You certainly didn't mean me, and I thought you were  a deist.  Well you are and you aren't, you keep going back and forth.

I believe the point of the whole thing was that you prefer western, no Christian, religion to eastern religion because Christianity is more get up and go and the others are more lay back and think about things.  I think there is more to eastern religions than that, but frankly I am not willing to research it beyond the wiki so I have only my assumption.

Hey where is this story about the sons of god interbreeding with the daughters of men?  When I was doing my wikisearch on Prometheus I came across the titans and I remembered once long ago hearing Jimmy Swaggert going on about how angels interbred with people and produced titans or something like that.  It was confusing but then he got into asking for money (which was crystal clear) and I don't think he ever got back to the subject.  But you say it's in the bible?  How did those guys in Nicea ever let that in the bible?

This whole thing about eastern religions vs Christianity, especially since I don't think you know anything more about eastern religions than I do, sounds like a couple kids arguing about who is a better superhero Superman or Batman.

I already told you that art doesn't imitate life, art makes stuff up.  Interesting though how life sometimes imitates art like the way those 1920s gangsters started patterning themselves after movie gangsters.  I remember as a young hippie coming across a poster for the play Hair, and wondering are these guys the real hippies?

I suppose mythology is art.  I suppose if you understand some group's mythology you can understand them better, but how can you know if your understanding of it is the same as theirs?  Also mythology changes all the time, current Christianity looks nothing like it did at the time of Nicea. 

I think last weekend we were researching Prometheus.  Well see there is a myth and some people like him and some people don't.  And I'm ok with talking about him because I don't think anybody really believes in him.  But a lot of people believe in Christianity so when they talk about it I have a hard time telling whether they are talking about what they believe to be a myth or what they believe to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment