Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2014

wild and wacky people of Cheboygan

I thought I knew what a manger was, just as the preachers had taught us at Elsdon, a place for baby Jesus. But I guess if I had given it any thought, which I did not, I would have wondered since Jesus only ended up in that one barn, what did everybody else have a manger for? When I was speaking of the preacher it suddenly occurred to me that the only preacher there that I remember is that woman who had a name like Schadt, and her only because she was a woman and had a name like mine. You were a little more devout than me I think, do you remember any others?

I think that’s true, one generation fights and achieves something, and the next generation takes it for granted. I think that’s one reason Russian communism fell, one generation fought the heroic revolution, the next fought off those awful krauts, and the next one just wanted to wear those new blue jeans.

I don’t understand the attitude of your resentful Cheboyganers. You guys weren’t lying in the hay, you were eating the hay, and though I expect cattle are afraid of dogs, what kept the other Cheboyganers from jumping into the manger with you? Thinking about those cattle. Would they ever get so hungry that they would just push that dog out of the manger? When a wild carnivore gets hungry it can be pretty aggressive, I wonder if the same is true for herbivores.
Anyway what is up with Cheboygan? Full of people who resent people who work a steady job, or full of people who want something just so that somebody else can’t have it? Were you guys in the plant driving your streak of lightning cars along the streets of Cheboygan and flashing your fat paychecks at the starving masses huddled at the curbside, and then setting a match to them so that nobody else could have the money? I don’t get you guys.

I think the Red Chinese worked harder than us for their money, especially those fat Cheboyganers lolling around in the plant discussing whether they wanted fatter paychecks or more vacations instead of being knee deep in rice paddies or working in some unimaginable sweat shop. Does a person who worked harder for something deserve it more? It seems like they do, but I don’t know why.

I am a little unclear about how you think My point is that most of that money originated in the United States, I assume you mean Red China’s current money, but it’s not like something we had first, so we deserve it more. They get our money two ways. They work hard and makes stuff that we want to buy and they save their money, so that they can buy the bonds we have to issue because we can’t live within our means. We are the shiftless brother in law.

I think you are saying that if somebody sells you something for five bucks and later on you borrow that five bucks from them, you really shouldn’t have to pay them back because it was your money before you bought something from them. Oh you Cheboyganers.


And now look what my pres is doing. Once again the American tippy toe is poking into the middle eastern morass. Oh but now we have a coalition, but the closest that coalition gets to the middle east is Turkey, and you know how those coalitions go, it’s basically the US, and we know how the middle eastern people love the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment