Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2023

What's in a Name?

 Commies call people they don't like "fascists", and fascists call people they don't like "communists".  I think that's because, in their world view, those are the only two political factions that matter.  The rest of us are decadent capitalists, already cast upon the ash heap of history, and thus irrelevant.  Putin may indeed be a fascist, but he has been quoted as saying he's a communist.  Okay what he actually said was that the Ukrainians were trying to "de-communize" their country, as if they hadn't already done so some 30 years ago.  It would be more accurate to say that Putin was trying to re-communize Ukraine as part of his goal to re-establishing the former Soviet Union.

The reason I called FDR a commie lover is that he has been quoted as saying, "Some of my best friends are communists".  To be fair, the commies were supposed to be on our side in those days, and it was fashionable in some circles to be sympathetic to them.  Truth be known, the Russians probably didn't think they were on our side, they thought we were on their side.  To this day, their history books refer to World War II as "The Great Patriotic War".  I don't know what they call World War I, or if they even acknowledge that it happened.

Sorry about the crude language in my last post, I must have been in a sucky mood last night.  The good news is that I seem to have gotten over my recent writer's block.  Maybe I just needed to blow off the condensate that had accumulated in my steam lines.   

No comments:

Post a Comment