Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Is Biden too old to be running for President?

I think so.

Two and a half years older than me, and I am still pretty spry, getting around town just fine, if a little slowly, mentally at the top of my game except that sometimes while reading some dense material my mind wanders and I have to go back and read a few paragraphs.  And I have to double check everything I write for typos or strange words appearing in the middle of a sentence, and even after double checking I miss some things.  And names and words, on the tip of my tongue until I need to say them and even as I am getting my tongue aligned they flee like frightened butterflies.  I would never be able to hold a press conference in front of a band of shouting reporters.

Maybe ten or fifteen years ago if you had asked Dianne Feinstein if she would resign if she noticed her mental powers fading she would have replied, as I am sure we would have, of course I would.  But now it has caught up with her and I don't think she realizes it and it is a huge problem for her party.  Ruth Bader Ginsburg (almost had to look up her name except that I remembered RBG) had a mind that was still in tip top shape, but, you know, cancer.  She could have dropped out before Obama's term was over, but she didn't and now we have that awful Amy Coney Barrett.

Well we just don't want to hang things up, go quietly to the retirement home and from there to assisted living and then the floor above for the mentally impaired.  We don't even want to think about it.  The best thing to do is just believe we will be in tip top condition forever.  Best to let the grim reaper take you by surprise because there isn't much to be gained by thinking about him beforehand.  

But Joe has already announced that he is running and we dems don't want a messy fight because, if the grim reaper doesn't come a knocking, Trump will be the candidate of the reps, and better to risk a doddering Joe than a full of fire Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment