Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday evening

Apologies to Uncle Ken for questioning the validity of his Chicago Card.  I came to my conclusion based on a post from one of his other blogs in which he was relating a visit to friends in St. Louis, and crafty wordsmith that he is, I developed a mental picture that placed him there and not in Chicago.  Ah, the power of words!  And shame on me for not following his train of thought more closely but, truth be told, I think he can be difficult to follow sometimes, or so it seems to me.

-----

Fifteen days between posts must be a new record for Uncle Ken; I was surprised he made it that far.  My lack of posts almost make me feel like some kind of anti-social mope but it's not like that. I hope it's not but I can get get overly absorbed in goofball notions and projects, and reading up on whatever strikes my interest at the moment.  And that's much more interesting to me than politics, celebrity, social media, and all the other stuff that tries to define our collective reality.

I had plenty more to say about the many societal changes we are experiencing but guess what?  I deleted it and decided it's not something I want to get worked up about.  A while back I had one of the recent Covid booster shots and they asked a few questions, one of  which was "What race do you identify as?"  I had to pause and think before I answered "Human."  That got a few laughs from the other medical people but then I went along with the gag, looked closely at my hands and said it seems like I'm a white guy, so you should put down Caucasian.

I don't know about you guys but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about race, gender, or the pronoun I should be using but it's a big deal to a lot of folks.  And those folks seem to be insistent that everybody else should think the same way they do, up to point of shoving things down our throats whether we like it or not.  But I've gone on too far with this train of thought and time to get off.

-----

Mr. Beagles, are you still using your wildlife camera to track the critters of Beaglesonia?  I was wondering if anything interesting happened this past winter or if you have observed any trends over the years.  Has Nature maintained its balance?


No comments:

Post a Comment