Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Women and Children First!

 That's supposed to be the rule when a ship is sinking.  The women and children have first dibs on the lifeboats, then the adult male passengers, then the crew members and, last of all, the captain.  Today it occurred to me that this should be the procedure the next time our guys bug out of a war.  I recently read somewhere that there are 15,000 American civilians that need to be evacuated from Afghanistan.  I have no idea what 15,000 civilians were doing in a war zone in the first place, but that's not the point.  The point is that those people should have been evacuated before the soldiers.  First the civilians, then the soldiers and, last of all, the politicians.  I'm surprised that nobody has ever thought of this before, but then I only thought of it myself today.  

I looked up those Samaritans.  I had previously not known much more about them than Uncle Ken, so this was and enlightenment.  Some of it sounded familiar from my Biblical readings, although I didn't know what they were talking about at the time, and now I sort of do.

No comments:

Post a Comment