Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

No More Audits For Cheboygan County

 Remember awhile back when I reported that the Cheboygan County Commissioners sent a letter to somebody requesting another audit of the 2020 election results?  Well they got their answer, and the answer was "no".  This article covers some well trodden ground, but I found a few interesting tidbits that I didn't know about.  For instance, I didn't know that anybody can conduct their own personal audit anytime they want because the paper ballots are a matter of public record.  What I still don't know is why the Trumpists would want to challenge the Cheboygan County vote when Trump carried the county by a substantial margin. 

https://www.cheboygannews.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/08/09/state-elections-director-

This link is kind of glitchy.  If, when you click on it, you get a page that says "Oh Snap!", just scroll down to this headline and click on it.  

Elections director denies Mich. county commission's request for audit 

*****************************************************************************

Okay, neither the restaurant, which was closer to Mackinaw City than it was to Cheboygan, nor the waitress was all that fancy, not like that place in Chicago we went to after my senior prom.  I think it was called "Magnum's" or "Maxim's" or something like that.  I ordered lobster thermidor, which I discovered is nothing like regular lobster.  I didn't like it.  The worst part was when I went to the rest room and was accosted by this colored guy who kept offering me towels and brushing me off with some kind of whisk broom.  I didn't know what to make of it until I noticed this fancy plate sitting there and surmised that I was expected to tip this guy.  I put a quarter on the plate, which was a lot of money in those days, after which the guy finally left me alone.  We have many fine restaurants around here.  I've been to some, but not all of them, and I've never encountered one where they don't let you piss in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment