Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Pigs Don't Care About Time

"After awhile that galaxy formed from the superclusters will begin to break apart and eventually each star will be separated from the galaxy,"

I watched the video again, and I still didn't get that out of it.  What I got was that our local group would be drawn together while the rest of the Universe would continue to expand away from it.  Although the video didn't say it in so many words, logically, if the gravity in our local group is sufficient to eventually draw it together into a single super galaxy, it should be sufficient to continue drawing it together, ultimately resulting in something like the Big Crunch.  I have heard of the Big Crunch Theory, and I understand that theory is no longer in fashion, having been replaced by a theory of infinite expansion.  This video seems to contain elements of both theories, but that's just my take on it.

I was right about time dilation though.  Come on say it, say it, "Beagles was right."  Okay, when I say I was right, I am not saying that I necessarily believe in it, I'm just saying that's my understanding of what Einstein said about it.  Since I have no comprehension of the math involved, I'm not qualified to pass judgement on the correctness of it.  I don't expect to ever use this stuff in my life anyway, but I still find it interesting as a subject of speculation. This reminds me of a story:

A farmer had some pigs penned up on top of hill.  Every day he would carry water to his pigs in pails from the well at the bottom of the hill.  One day his neighbor suggested that the farmer either run a pipeline from the well to the pigpen or move the pigpen closer to the well.  The farmer replied, "Now why would I want to do that?"  The neighbor said that it would save a lot of time.  The farmer said, "Time? Time? Pigs don't care about time."









No comments:

Post a Comment