Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

a couple things we oughta do

I am wrong again.  I was thinking of the Arizona legislature when I linked Michigan's antimasking movement with the election fraud thing.  In fact here is a an article that puts the Michigan republicans in a pretty good light, except for that voter suppression thing which I am not in a mood to bang the drum for today.    

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/michigan-republicans-eviscerate-trump-voter-fraud-claims-scathing-report-n1272116

You know I sit up here in my tower and I watch my CNN and listen to my NPR, and I read my two local papers, and I get a Washington Post feed on my tablet, and I have my two political sites which I look in on several times a day, and I think I am oh so well informed, and I think here I am with all this knowledge and my fine analytic brain, the better to steer the ship of state and yet my vote is cancelled out by some nimrod who doesn't know how many supreme court judges there are or who his own senator is.

Or how about this?  My vote is also cancelled out by another nimrod who spends a lot of time with his own political sources and is convinced that the democratic party is the party of pedophilia.  From his point of view he is also oh so informed, and maybe even moreso than me because he possesses this secret knowledge of which I am unaware, though I do expect that he also doesn't know how many supremes there are or who his senator is.

 But what he thinks is an obvious lie and since a lie is the opposite of the truth, shouldn't his vote count negatively, so that his vote goes to the candidate that he didn't vote for?  

In fact wouldn't it be a great idea to program the voting machine to sense the electromagnetic waves of somebody who believes in conspiracy theories and then automatically changes their vote to the other candidate?  

Oh wait, nevermind.  


I've got my Ten Cat show on October 2, and my annual (except for last year) Punkin Palooza coming up in a couple months and I fear now that they will both be cancelled out by the delta.  I am looking for some rosy news, but all I have so far is that the London delta rate has begun to mysterious drop and maybe the US will also, and there seems to be an uptick in vaxxes lately, not all that much, but maybe it will grow.

I think a lot of the resistance to vaxxing is kind of a tribe thing.  People have a tendency to think and act as their friends and neighbors do, and normally. everything else being equal, that works out pretty well.  And so maybe once a few of their friends get the vax, and are as fit as a fiddle while their other neighbor who didn't get it has been intubated, well maybe they will change their mind.

Masking is a good thing to do, but it is nowhere near as good as vaxxing, and a lot of people just don't want to be seen in masks, but nobody can see if you have a vax.  You know you see these motley crews of anti vaxxers here and there with their Q and Trump signs, I think we should counter them with pro vax demonstrations demanding things like mandatory vaxxing.  Yeah that's what we oughta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment