Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2023

Sins and a place to put your flotsam

 According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth, which are contrary to the seven capital virtues. 

So what can we do with the other four deadly sins?  How about wrath for March which is named for the god of war and sloth for the lazy dazy dog month of August?  I took the problems of greed and envy to the shower with me and came out clean, but with no month for greed or envy.  Perhaps something will percolate up during the day.


Of course the jalapeno is among the shapeliest of fruits and your home grown is quite attractive.  Could we get a photo of the plant?  And what became of the mango family?


Here's something that Mr. Beagles may appreciate, Uncle Ken not so much.

What is this?  Is this a swipe at Uncle Ken's man card?  Maybe I am a bit oversensitive, as we men who never married and whose hobby is watercolor tend to be, but I will have you know that I am very familiar with those metal shelving units.

I was speaking earlier of my days in ROTC.  Whenever I got demerits because either my brass or my shoes were not shiny enough I had to report to the ROTC office to do some office task to work them off, and on one of those occasions that task was assembling metal shelving.

How cool, you start with just some humdrum pieces of metal and within fifteen minutes to half an hour there is a tall handsome unit that can hold all kinds of flotsam.  In my case that would have been  books.  They didn't have a back, but I put them against the wall.  When I moved to Texas I took them apart and added them to the boxes that I had FedEx ship.  I brought them to Chicago the same way.  

When I started making that big State dough I replaced them with wood, but one still remains in my closet.


Hmm, appears like it needs more flotsam.


And as long as I am taking photos of my stuff and it is the jubilant month of July here is my garden at this point.


Hmm July.  The thin young girl in the pea green gown has become a beautiful and lush young lady and as you hold her in your arms your thought is that you can never let her go.  Never ever let her go.  And that, Gentlemen is greed if I ever saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment