Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Not a Fan

 I was not a fan of Dick Biondi.  I thought he was just stupid, or at least that was his act for the radio.  Then again, I never did listen to the radio much.  Hey, I never said I was cool or anything like that.  Many years later, I asked one of the passengers on the school bus I was driving what exactly does it take to be cool.  He thought about it for a few seconds before answering, "If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand it."  He got that right.

Speaking of rain, I understand that you guys have been getting more that your share of it lately.  We've been pretty dry in Beaglesonia all summer, not officially under drought conditions, but almost.  We finally got some this morning, and more is falling as we speak, but they're not predicting anything like you guys have gotten. 

I don't know anything about that crypto stuff, but I do know that they were pretty paranoid about security in Berlin.  We had to be careful what we said on the radio or to the civilians downtown because the Russians were listening in.  Not that we knew anything that the Russians didn't already know, but we were warned that our guys had agents pretending to be civilians that would try to get us to divulge something, and then report us for doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment