Search This Blog

Friday, May 5, 2023

info

 When I look up a something on youtube along the side of the screen it shows all these other things that it thinks I might be interested in, mostly Emmylou Harris and Nanci Griffith songs, and a couple days ago I was looking up a song and your, I think they are calling them ep's these days, showed up.

Oops wrong again.  They do not call them ep's.  I had seen the term around and I thought that the e stood for electronic and ep was the digital version of like what album was for vinyl and CD was for those things in those things that they called jewel boxes which it was a helluva a pain in the ass to get them out of that tightass cellophane.

I had a million dollar idea back in the days of CDs for a tool to open them, sort of like a tiny penknife, but the body would contain something about a famous artist and people could collect and trade them and wouldn't that be a blast?  Well maybe not.

When I say artist I mean musician, sometimes they call musicians artists.

Performing arts is acting/drama, vocalization, theater, etc. Art is a a term for the visual, auditory, or performing arts, expressing human expression and creativity. S singer is technically an artist. A musician is technically an artist.

Well fair enough.  But why do they call them albums?

Historically, the term "album" was applied to a collection of various items housed in a book format. In musical usage, the word was used for collections of short pieces of printed music from the early nineteenth century.

So I guess they are not records, 8 tracks, tapes, or CDs.  They are just digital albums.  

Anyway it seems like a stretch, but google owns both youtube and blogspot, so somehow it connected us on the blog to albums I might like to hear.  Maybe a little bit too much info?

I did another search for that same LP and Hold Back the Dawn did not come up in the feed.  But I have it on that Beaglestonian link for whenever I have a hankering for songs about paper mills.

Have you looked at it?  The guy has slipped in some old photos of you.


Heck's Angel?


No comments:

Post a Comment