Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Tuesday, Tuesday

I was a little careless unplugging my control center Tuesday morning.  After all had I not already taken it apart and put it back together?   And of course they did not come promptly at nine, it was more like eleven.  And the rug that had looked like a charming rusty red in the photo turned out to be a bland boring brown.  But it feels soft to my bare toes, and isn't that what it is all about?  And there were a couple tense moments in the replugging, but it all came out fine, and looks so much more ordered than it did previously.



So all is well (nay better, better ordered and softer to the toes) in the House of Uncle Ken.

Except for the thing that prompted me to write this post, that moment of satori, when I was cast adrift of my control center, where I was adrift without the angry squawk of CNN, or the breaking news of the websites.  Ok there was the cat on my lap and the heavy tome, but my cat had nothing she wanted to say, and the book was on the nature of religion, which is kind of timeless.  Was I experiencing this thing going around called mindfulness that I have heard tell of?

Mindfulness means living in the present moment. Essentially, it means being (intentionally) more aware and awake to each moment and being fully engaged in what is happening in one's surroundings – with acceptance and without judgment.

Well sort of


Well that kind of sounds like what was going on.  And I tell you, it felt pretty good and good for me.  You know that I am a political guy and I think it is the good fight, but is it necessary that I keep up on every little niggling detail, especially since about the only thing I do about it is to shoot my mouth off about it?

Logically no.  So hopefully I can enhance my earthly experience to take some time out every day, and just be, well mindful.

But since the guys left with their rug that is soft on my toes behind, I have plugged in everything, even a little excited about the stuff I had missed because of that mindfulness, so I am not so sure that I have learned anything.  But is that not the way of the universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment