Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2022

Monday, Monday

 The queen is going to her final resting place, and Uncle Ken is getting a new rug for his frontroom. Oh and here is her coffin, flowers and royal jewels atop it, red coated fellows toting it along.  Meanwhile Uncle Ken sits in his frontroom, almost empty now because you have to empty out the room for the guys.  Well you can leave the big pieces, they'll deal with that, but the miscellaneous little crap has to be stuffed into the bedroom.  And anything plugged in has to go which leaves me the tv and the computer cable stuff and the computer, and this large box of cords and wires and crap shoved into a spaghetti arrangement in a large cardboard box.  I have carefully wrapped a piece of tape around the endpoints of each cord so that once I have unplugged everything why I can just look at the endpoints and plug them in and bingo, I will be back in action. Yeah likely. 

They have not been unplugged yet because I want something to entertain me while I wait for a call from the guys who will be coming in a couple hours, though it could be later, all out of my hands.  The queen meanwhile is in some kind of courtyard surrounded by limeys in sailor suits and those beefeater red coats, and I thought I saw some Vatican type guards too.  Oh and some suited muckety mucks who the tv people have not identified so I guess they are not royalty.

Well as you can imagine this whole queen thing (Westminster Abbey now, very impressive building) is boring me to tears so the tv with its mysterious array of cable and internet crap is soon to go.

****

At this point, knowing that the guys were coming soon, I pulled all the plugs.  No computer, no TV, no connection to the outside world.  Actually I didn't care about the TV because it was going to be all about the royal funeral, and I still had my phone so I could check emails and go on line and all that stuff.  But still you know that computer and my tv standing next to each other are like my Command Central.

But then it turned out they weren't coming soon.  They were going to come at twelve, but of course that turned out to be two pm.  And then it turned out that they had come all the way to my place with the wrong sized rug.  They will come here promptly at nine AM with the right sized rug tomorrow.  They promised me.

But before I knew that, while I was still waiting, I was kind of tired, maybe a little nap, and there was this huge book I have been wanting to read, and Sweetie did not like her little place in the cluttered bedroom, so she took her place on my lap on the lazy boy, and you know it is not so bad being unconnected to the world.

****

This is Tuesday morning.  After the guys left I got out my computer and tv and my big box o cords and wires and put the whole thing together without nearly the trouble I was expecting.  So I was fired up last night skimming the web, the channels, the streaming, getting back into the swim with the queen now resting peacefully underground, or in one of those crypt things, I didn't catch that.

I'll have to take them apart before the guys return, and I will be spending a few hours back in my retreat, free from the cares of the world.  It will not be so bad at all.

This is a little scattered, I'll put it more together later.

No comments:

Post a Comment