Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Pulling the Plug

 I clicked on Uncle Ken's You Tube link and I agree that new space song is pretty lame.  For me, the Russian space song did not follow either.  Instead, I got "The Top Five Army Cadences".  They didn't sound anything like the cadences we used to sing back in my day.  Ours were simpler like:

"Ain't no use in going home, Jodie's got your girl and gone.  Ain't no use in feeling blue, Jodie's got your mother too."

"Ain't no use in looking down, ain't no discharge on the ground."

"Sergeant, Sergeant, don't feel blue, Frankenstein was ugly too."

"GI beans and GI gravy, GI wish I'd joined the Navy."

"First Platoon's a bunch of WACs, carry Kotex in their packs."

"Sergeant Jones is feeling green, someone pissed in his canteen"

Be that as it may, my screen locked up during the last cadence, and I had to pull the plug and start up all over again.  Pulling the plug was my last resort after unsuccessfully trying to shut down with "Control-Alternate-Delete".  My first computer had a reset switch in the back, but my current model does not.  

We have lived in four places since we got married in 1969.  The second one was in Indian River, some 20 miles south of here, but the rest have been near Cheboygan, but not in the city limits.  We have been in our current location for 22 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment