Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

Slava Ukrainian!

Friday evening, I caught part of a concert by the Ukrainian Freedom Orchestra on PBS.  They did a flawless performance of "The New World Symphony" by Anton Dvorak, one of my favorite pieces of music.  At the end, the lady conductor faced the audience, raised her fist in the air and shouted "Slava Ukrainian!", which means "Glory to Ukraine!"  I also noticed that at least one audience member was wearing a t-shirt with the same slogan.  I concluded that Ukraine must have at least one other battle cry in addition to the familiar "Idit Ebat Sebe!"  I suppose somebody decided that this other slogan was more appropriate for use on prime-time TV, which was probably for the best.

Speaking of Ukraine, it looks like the tide of battle is finally turning in their favor.  Good for them!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/on-the-eastern-front-a-stunning-week-of-ukrainian-success-and-russian-failures/ar-AA11I0S9?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

I have no objection to the mango becoming the official fruit tree of the Beaglesonian Institute.  Although I have never eaten a mango, I trust the judgement of my esteemed colleague.

The beagle is indeed one of the hound breeds.

Nice pictures of the sun and moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment