Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

barroom brawls and the Beaglesonian world order

I just threw those babes into the bar story to give it a little bounce, and to illustrate how some genes spread and some don’t. I agree with you that guys who are of a mind to will get into fights over anything, or more particularly nothing. Even a weenie like myself, who doesn’t drive will sometimes get into some altercation over foot traffic, though generally if it gets beyond the dirty look stage I will be backing down.

I’ve been in a lot of bars, but none of them are the kinds that had fights on any regular basis. I have heard that there are guys who get drunk and what they really want to do, more even than get lucky or get drunker, is get into a fight. One time at the bar I was working in in Champaign this guy came in and just went down the bar insulting everybody one by one. Finally he came to one of us who was more exasperated than anything else and punched him out and then everybody else jumped in to get their cheap shots and then they dragged him out of the bar making sure that the door slammed on his head.

Not that I condone that sort of thing, but I have to say it felt pretty good, just to have been part of the crowd, though I never came out from behind the bar, and of course we outnumbered him thirty to one. And I have to think he got what he wanted too. I think those guys who want to get into fights don’t care if they win or lose. But that’s just what I’ve heard. I can’t say that I know anybody like that.

I’m remembering now that when I was a kid I got into fights from time to time. It was almost a ritual thing, it’s not like we had read anything about it. But in the course of playing kids’ games there would be some kind of dispute between you and another kid, and the other kids would pick up on that and form a circle around you. There was really no way to back out, but as little kids it’s not like anybody did much damage to anybody else, and a bloody nose was reason aplenty to end the fight.

Do you remember our Gage Park athlete P? I went to grade school with him, and I think it was around seventh or eighth grade that it became apparent that we needed a pecking order and somebody had to be at the top of it and P decided it would be him. He had bested all the competitors and one day in the schoolyard it became apparent that I was next. Not that I was a realistic competitor, but I think that P wanted to dot all his I’s and cross all his t’s. It was pretty quick, he pinned me and I made some kind of joke, already I had learned that a good joke could get me out of a tight spot (of course it could also put me in a tight spot, but I don’t think I had learned that yet, actually I don’t think I ever learned that), and it was over, and it was like, nothing personal.

I think Putin would indeed like to get the old empire back together, but it’s very tough conquering and occupying even some pissant country. It really is cheaper to just have them quaking in their boots lest they piss you off, but letting them take care of their day to day crap themselves. Let them patrol their own streets and if any cobblestones are thrown, let them throw them at their own people.

Hum, are you saying that since we haven’t sent anybody overseas to defend white people that maybe it is time we did that?

I think it is just you who thinks that white Muslims (Kurds, Bosnians, Iranis, etc) aren’t white.

The word semite is another of those indeterminate words. We speak of anti semite but we never use that phrase to describe people who hate arabs, in fact I have heard arabs described as being anti Semitic. I think it is a word dredged up around the turn of the century when we wanted to separate ourselves from Jews and didn’t want to give the Egyptians any credit for anything.

The European Jews didn’t originate there, they were originally from Israel but left when Rome squashed them.

As for whose side are you on, I think I would feel more on the side of a liberal democrat black guy then some tea party guy.

I think you and me get along fine with the rest of the world against our message of reasonable discussion and peace and liberty, but when the rest of the world comes to their senses and accepts us as their rightful rulers and we reign from twin thrones, I’m going to be aggravated if your throne is higher than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment