Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2024

There's a First Time for Everything

 None of the candidates I voted for in our primary made the cut.  The Republicans who were nominated for Congress and the state legislature for our district are all Trumpists.  The local offices don't matter because they don't have any Democratic opposition, so they are as good as elected already.  Therefore, it looks like I'm going to vote straight Democrat in November.  (May God have mercy on my soul!)  I've never voted straight Democrat in my life.   Although I did vote for McGovern in 1972, I voted Republican on all the rest of the ballot that year.  That was one of my first elections, and this one may well be my last.  How ironic!

I got a letter from our Secretary of State's office today telling me that their inquiry into my medical fitness to drive has been cancelled.  Of course that's good news, but I couldn't help but notice that they didn't mention any of the difficulties we had with the paperwork.  They just said that, since my physician sent in the form last April like he was supposed to, there is no need for any further action.  Funny thing, they sent me a letter in June saying that they never received the form and that I "failed to comply".  I resubmitted the form forthwith, sending it by certified mail and received a receipt that said they got it.  Apparently, that wasn't good enough for them, but they didn't tell me why.  The local Petosky agent then tried to call me, and we know how that turned out.  What he eventually told me was that two pages of the five-page form were missing, probably because my physician's people didn't notice that the form was printed on both sides, so those two pages didn't get scanned into their computer.  If the Lansing office had told me that in the first place, the above-mentioned difficulties could have been avoided.  Oh well, if they are willing to overlook my mistake, I guess I can overlook theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment