Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Being Old Ain't What it Used to Be

 I agree with Uncle Ken that kids nowadays don't care what old people say.  I suppose most kids were always like that, but I wasn't like most kids.  I always preferred the company of adults, older the better, to the company of other kids, except for girl kids of course.  Indeed, I usually got along better with the girl's parents than I did with the actual girl.  Of course this was counterproductive, but before I realized that I was too old to do anything about it.  Funny how you can be so smart about some things and so dumb about others.

I remember that Pepsodent jingle, but I don't remember that particular commercial.  I also don't remember all those chemicals being in toothpaste.  The only one I remember is stannous fluoride.  Crest was the first one to have it, but now they all have it.  There are lots of other chemicals that are supposed to do all kinds of wonderful things to your teeth, but I don't like any of them.  I use Sensodyne with just fluoride added, and my wife likes her Crest the same way.

I still don't have a credit card, I have a debit card instead.  It comes free from our credit union, and it draws off of our checking account.  My wife prefers to use checks, so she carries the checkbook in her purse while I carry the card in my wallet.  

I have one of those flip phones too.  I don't think it qualifies as a smart phone, but it's still smarter than I am.  I mostly use it to call the regular phone company when our regular phone is out of order, and I carry it when I'm away from home in case of an emergency.  Did you know there are no pay phones around anymore?

My computer had been glitching on me for some time before it just stopped working one day.  Also, I got a notice from Microsoft that they were going to stop supporting my Windows 10 operating system next year, and that my machine was not suitable for an upgrade to Windows 11.  Since I only paid $200 for it eight years ago, I couldn't see putting any more money into now.

No comments:

Post a Comment