Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2024

the election

 I was horrified by Biden's performance in the debate.  I was in a funk for some time after that.  Not only was Biden refusing to step down, but the dems seemed to be splitting on whether he should step down.  Then last Sunday I was working my computer, and happened to glance over to the computer and the chiron said:  Biden steps down, endorses Harris, and my heart soared like a hawk.

She has been slowly gaining in the polls but is still maybe a percentage point behind Trump.  I was expecting a bigger, sooner surge for Harris but who knows what goes on in the mind of somebody who was seriously backing Trump.

I don't see where RFK is liberal at all.  I think he was once a backer of environment stuff, and that is the only lefty cause he promoted and lately I don't see him saying much about it.  You were a pretty avid anti-masker, and I am surprised to see that you are now against anti-vaxers.  But glad to see that.

Me and my sister get into pretty involved in political discussions, but after that it doesn't matter because my state is true blue.  You, living in a purple state have a vote that counts, and I know it would be a bridge too far for you to vote for a Democrat, but throwing away your vote on the Tarians is a lot better than voting for Trump.

I, of course have never voted Republican in a presidential race, but I have voted for Republicans in two gubernatorial elections.  The first time the dems were running a guy who looked particularly corrupt and the other time it was Blago.

Wait a minute.  Did you vote for McGovern in 1972.  Oh now I remember you voted for George Wallace.  Have you ever voted for a democrat in any election?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment