Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2024

spirit animals

 Beagles is still with us, sort of.

Beagles would like my painting of the week every Sunday, and after you mentioned him I looked back and it has been at least a month since he last left a like.  I sent him an email to which he did not respond.  I messaged his sister on fb and she said they rarely spoke.  Then I found a Jenny Bednar on his page and it seemed like she was his daughter so I messaged her and after a couple of days she messaged me back that he was ok but his computer isn't.  So he's still among us but he won't be reading or posting us until he gets a new computer or whatever.

  I don't feel compelled to share every goofy notion that leaks out of my brain panI know, I know, I think you say that or something similar, at the beginning of all your posts lately.  I assume that you are saying that to compare yourself favorably to me, who, well, is inclined to do just that.  Different strokes for different folks.  But not so much lately, because it will be a month or so before a reply shows up.

But you did say something that I interpret as favorable to my recent bent in painting, which means something to me because you have always been one of my favorite critics ever since that evening about a dozen years ago when I approached you at the Ten Cat windows and you said, "These have too much brown, they look like crap."  And then, informed that these were my paintings, you were maybe taken a little aback, but came right back with, "Well, they still look like crap."  You gotta admire a critic like that.  

I've always liked abstract, the way it frees you from the tyranny of the boring real world, though most of my classmates who aspire to capture the smile of their granddaughter, or a shadow on a roof, shake their heads sadly at my current direction.

Speaking of my classmates, I remember Greeta speaking about that rat on your motorcycle.  Women, they always fall for the bad boys, well maybe not as often as those of us who consider ourselves bad boys would like to think.

One has to wonder about that mope who took all that time to separate the rat from the fender.  Was it some enemy, perhaps some guy who was not a bad boy, taking his revenge on your stealing the heart of his sweetheart with your rat cycle.  

I like the spirit animal idea.  Clearly Beagles has the beagle.  But what of Uncle Ken.  Well it's probably obvious but if you look at my posting on Saturday Showtime early next week you will see my spirit animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment