Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

To Mask or Not to Mask

 I don't think I was a rabid anti-masker like some people were.  I just didn't like wearing one.  I got this claustrophobic feeling like I was being smothered or something.  I don't think it was all in my head either.  I always have been kind of short winded, probably a residual effect of the bout with rheumatic fever that I had as a young child.  Like a lot of things, it has gotten worse in my old age.  I might have been able to get a medical exemption to the mask mandate, but I figured a doctor would want me to quit smoking first, and I wasn't prepared to do that.  It wasn't that bad anyway, I only had to wear a mask when I went into a store or other public building and, truth be known, I wore it down around my chin half the time.  

Mostly I didn't like Queen Gretchen telling me what to do without a vote of the legislature, and all the court decisions I have read about tended to validate my position.  I still believe that she and her ilk were more interested in aggrandizing power than they were in stopping the covid.  It's like that colored kid in Chicago told his mayor when she ordered him and his friends off the street:  "Y'alls over doing this.  Y'all needs to find a cure.  Talk about go home, you go home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment