Search This Blog

Monday, March 20, 2023

corona 3

 And then the masks.  I didn't want to wear one.  I didn't like the way it felt or the way it looked, or the way it looked on my friends and neighbors.

At first the word was not to wear masks.  They still didn't know how it was being spread and they weren't sure if they had enough for all the medical people who would be needing them, but then they realized that it was mostly spread by breathing and sneezing and they had plenty and on they went.

Like a good liberal I wanted to do my part for the common good and I was pleased to see that half the people were wearing them around downtown and as the days went on maybe nine tenths (I kept count), and I felt pretty good about this.  But then I heard that it was less in the burbs and downstate forget it.  What was the matter with these people, didn't they want to live?  Didn't they want their friends and neighbors to live?  How hard was it to wear a mask?

Something was going on.  Early on when we first began to mask I could see that this was going to be a problem.  Some people in this country don't see why we can't all get along and some other folks want to live free or die.  But we all more or less got along because by just looking at people on the street you couldn't tell the get-alongs from the live-frees.  But now masks would be a tell. To me wearing the mask was annoying, but that was offset by feeling that I was doing the right thing.  But for a person of another ilk not only was it an annoyance but it was like pinning a big blue Obama button onto their chests.

No comments:

Post a Comment