Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Say it Isn't So

 I read that whole New Yorker article last night and found it quite disturbing.  Of course it might not be 100% true, few stories are, but even if it's only10% true, it's still pretty disturbing.  I find it hard to believe that our guys would target innocent civilians like that.  I understand that shit happens in a war, but this appears to have been a matter of policy rather than a few isolated incidents where somebody got carried away.  I can't for the life of me figure out what our guys hoped to gain by this tactic.  There might be a logical explanation, but I don't know what it is.  

I think I do know now why the Afghanis meekly stepped aside and allowed the Taliban to over run their country.  It's because it's not really their country, or anybody's country for that matter, it's just a bunch of tribal warlords squabbling over who gets first dibs on the looting and pillaging.  The only reason some of them helped the Americans was the Americans were paying better than whoever was in second place at the moment.  

**************************************************************************

 "There were many in the country when Beagles' forbears stepped off the boat that would have loved to apply his solution right at the dock."

 First of all, I don't think they even had vasectomies and tubal litigation when my ancestors came over.  The only surgical sterilization available was castration, and I'm not recommending that for anybody.  Second of all, my ancestors did not come swarming into the country like a horde of locusts.  They moved through the facilities at Ellis Island in an orderly fashion.  Of course that was more feasible when immigrants came by ship to a central facility where the ships could be unloaded one at a time while the rest of them waited their turn out in the harbor.  Another thing was that overpopulation was not a concern back in those days.  Some parts of the world were certainly overcrowded, but nobody expected it to become a global problem anytime soon.

On a related note:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desantis-announces-lawsuit-against-biden-administration-over-immigration-policy/ar-AAOW145?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare  



No comments:

Post a Comment