Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2021

Okay

 I watched the video again, and I think that Uncle Ken is right about the cyclist and the loiterer.  The part we are interested in begins about 12 minutes into the video, so you only need to watch the last six minutes or so. That said, I am still right about time dilation.  The reason I couldn't find it last night is that I was looking under General Relativity and I should have been looking under Special Relativity.  I could look that up, but I have already posted a link on the subject, although Uncle Ken seems reluctant to acknowledge it.  Here it is again in case he missed it:

Special relativity indicates that, for an observer in an inertial frame of reference, a clock that is moving relative to them will be measured to tick slower than a clock that is at rest in their frame of reference. This case is sometimes called special relativistic time dilation. The faster the relative velocity, the greater the time dilation between one another, with time slowing to a stop as one approaches the speed of light (299,792,458 m/s).

Time dilation - Wikipedia

It doesn't say anything about time speeding up as we slow down but, logically, it should because "What goes up must come down".  Einstein must have overlooked this, which is why I proposed the Beaglesonian Corollary.

The Cimrman Corollary, on the other hand, is just a joke that I included to lighten the mood.  Like the guy in the video said, "If you take this stuff too seriously it will drive you nuts.", or words to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment