Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2021

drawing my argument to a close

I believe everything Einstein said, except for that cosmological constant thing and even he agreed that was one big mistake.  Einstein never said that time speeds up.  That is just some misinterpretation of yours of something he said.


When you join the army you know that there is always a risk that you will be killed in some action.  So you are doing your countrymen a favor and you should be honored for it.  

What this whole long discussion is about is those thirteen soldiers who were killed in Afghanistan, killed during Biden's withdrawal, which it seems to me that he botched.  Like I said before I think getting out of there was a good idea, and no matter when or how you did it the end of it was going to be messy, and there were a lot of players, and there is plenty of finger pointing going on, but still.

I voted for Biden, and I have been talking him up, and I guess I consider him my guy, so I feel guilt about it.  My guy fucked up and thirteen soldiers died.

Okay, so it goes.  

But like I said, you join the army you take your chances.  63 died while Trump was prez, which I admit was not a lot, but still you didn't hear the Trumpists being upset about it, as they are now about the thirteen.  But then you may say a lot of dems are upset about this too.  Okay rightly so, but does it not say something about the respective parties that many dems call out the prez when he has done wrong whereas only two reps had the nerve to do that about Trump and both are being drummed out of the party by their fellow republicans.

All in all, maybe not as strong an argument as I thought it would be when I started out, but I will rest with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment