Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2021

Shots in the dark

Good link to the electric cars, Mr. Beagles, and a lot has changed since GM killed their prototypes.  EVs (electric vehicles) are on the rise and show no sign of stopping, thanks in large part to the disruptive effects that Elon Musk and Tesla have had on the automotive industry.  It will be interesting to see how the unintended consequences unfold, there are bound to be some surprises.

-----

You've lost me with all of your references to the "brown brink," Uncle Ken.  I don't think those words were used in any other place other than the Jesuit's sonnet; Hopkins should have stayed an Anglican.

-----
 
I'm not in any hurry to get the Covid-19 vaccine.  Seems to me that they got the vaccines out the door pretty quickly and may not have tested them as rigorously as they should have.  I can't see how they can determine long term effects so quickly and manufacturers don't seem so sure when the second dose should be given.  Is it two weeks, two months, or what?  I think it's too soon to declare that China has defeated the pandemic, their veracity is problematic.

A bit of good news is that, according to the Washington Post, Covid-19 cases in the United States have declined 22 percent.  This is based on a seven day rolling average.  In fact, 47 of the 50 states have shown a decline, an odd bit of information considering the failure of many people to wear masks or practice safe distancing.  I think that Chicago is allowing restaurants to open on a limited basis.  Maybe we'll see another uptick in cases in the next week or so.  Or maybe not; there still doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with this damn bug.  In the meantime I'll keep my masks handy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment