Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

just a year and a half away

I still have my old coursebook, do you remember that? Brown, about five by eight inches with grids for the classes and the grades at four grading periods. And those odd grade signifiers, S, E, G, F, D, while the rest of the world had A,B,C,D, and E, when I went to college and told my parents that I was getting an E in chemistry they were delighted. Anyway I should get it out and figure out what history class I had. I know I had a year of history at Tilden before I went to Gage Park, and then I had Arvin and Parker at Gage Park, I don’t know how I got to have Sears.

I was down to the office several times, I think my mother had to come in a couple times, but I never got suspended. I don’t remember who I faced. What did you have to go to the office for?

I don’t remember that atheist thing, though it sounds like something I would do, I was quite the militant atheist, but I have mellowed. These new atheists who want to fight religion are a little on the crackpot side if you ask me. I think they mostly blame religion on all those wars, and I rather feel that if it hadn’t been for religion we would probably have found some other reason for fighting them, and the whole subject has been talked to death. It’s kind of like crossdressers, as far as I am concerned, dress like a woman, or don’t dress like a woman, just don’t bore me with a long explanation of why you do either. The same with religion, believe or don’t believe, but don’t go on and on about it.

I still think we were pretty much home free, as far as anybody conquering us. We were far away, and we didn’t have that much that anybody wanted, some furs and tobacco I guess, and I’m sure the world knew we were a bunch of soreheads.

Maybe we didn’t have a parliamentary system because the colonists hated political parties. Coming off a war, especially a winning one, people are pretty united, and maybe they thought there weren’t enough differences between them that there would be political parties. For all the glory we heap on their bewigged heads, I think we have to admit that their idea that they could dispense with political parties was bull goose loony.

I think this whole email thing is a little weird. When did it become law that people in office had to turn over all their email? I don’t think they had to turn over all their snail mail, or that their phones were regularly tapped. They archive presidential records, but those don’t get released for years. How did it become law that any committee investigating anything can demand to know everything you ever said? And don’t we want a little secrecy in gov, just so it will run smoothly?

Having said all that it is a little weird to have your own personal email server, and then the answers she gave were all a little shifty, not quite answering the questions, shifting this way and that like the magician’s wand before he pulls the rabbit out of the hat. That Hilary, there is the shortest little pause before she answers a question when you can see the gears turning and then when she begins to speak every instinct within you screams out, she’s lying, she’s lying.

Having said that I will still vote for her before any of those pygmy little republican candidates who can only squeal what everybody around them squeals, and don’t even have the guts to admit that Obama might love his country.



And the election is only like a year and a half away. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment