Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

finding fulfillment late in life

Well you know, a computer, especially a new computer is like a big mansion.  There are vast sections of it where you will never go, and never want to go.  I have like my functions, the email, a little writing, editing my photos, my web page, fb, and that's about it.  I would love to buy a computer that had just those functions, so I wouldn't have to pay for all that other crap, and so I wouldn't risk hitting the wrong key sometime and finding myself in wonderland without knowing how to get back to civilization.

I bought a Hewlitt Packer.  I guess I would rather have a Dell, but this one was cheaper, in fact it was the cheapest in the place, and what the hell do I know anymore.  Way back I would pick a computer based on the chip, the internal memory, and the hard drive.  But who knows what either of those first two are anymore, and they all have a gazillion gigabytes or terrabytes or whatever, and it really doesn't matter everything goes to the cloud.  My stuff is going to the cloud.  I didn't mean for that to happen, but when I was trying to get it up I kept getting asked all these questions which I wasn't sure what they were asking, but it seemed easier to say yes to everything in order to go forward, so I did, so probably I said yes somewhere,

Oh and I never did like the laptop so I got what they call an all in one where the cpu is in back of the screen so that all you have is the screen and the keyboard (Oh, and I got a nice keyboard with real keys that go click and not those awful chicklet things), so it takes up less space, but the downside is that after every session I want to pull the screen down, which could lead to some trouble down the road.

I got Windows 7, but it has an option so that it looks like previous windows instead of like a cellphone.


I used to wonder about the great hate Bill Clinton aroused in much of the Republican-o-sphere.  He was a little sleazy, but so are a lot of politicians, and as dems go, he was more rightward than most.  And after long thought I came to the realization that it was because he won the primary and the general election and became president.  Any democrat that was president would be hated by the republicans.  If some other democrat had won they would hate him just as much.

I have to admit I hated George Bush, but not from the start.  I had reluctantly come to think his dad was not such a bad guy, and that compassionate conservative crap had the wool pulled over my eyes.  I could put up with his cornball crap, because again, most politicians do that, but when he invaded Iraq, that's when he lost me, and that's when I began to hate him.

But back to Clinton.  Even though she was the wife of satan, she was looked at a bit favorably by the reps when she was running against Barack Hussein Obama, mostly because she is a bit of a hawk, whereas he ran as a peacenik, though once in office he became too damn hawkish for my taste.

But the reason they hate her now is that unless she gets run over by a truck she will be the democratic nominee, so it never hurts them to throw dirt on her.  But the reps have no self control, once one of them has a zany idea they all sign on as fast as they can, lest they be branded with that shameful tag of moderate.  And now that whole email thing has become complicated and with all the rep screaming she is beginning to appear a victim, and the reps may,as they have done so often with the Clintons, snatched defeat from victory.


Well I was discussing this with an old Champaign buddy on the phone last night, and he got a little exasperated and told me the election is still a year and a half away.

So it is I suppose,but politics is my sports and I think about it all the time.

As a kid I was always told that the way I loved to argue I should be a lawyer, but that was too much work so I was a bum most of my life, and in my golden years I hold forth on the Beaglesonian Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment