Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Jesus Saves

I have forgotten the details of this story, but I remember that it was about Jesus and Moses having some kind of contest with their computers. The power went out right in the middle of the contest, Moses lost all of his work, but Jesus didn't lose any of his work. You know why? Because Jesus saves!

I hardly ever back up text anymore, but all my photos go onto a disk right after I have saved them to my files. I only use three passwords, and they're all the same except that two of them have numbers at the end. A few yeas ago, when I had to install a  new operating system, the guy who did it transferred all my files and settings for me, which was nice, but I don't have a lot of text files, and none of them are very important to me or they would already be on a disk.

What kind of computer did you buy, and what operating system came with it? I have heard bad things about Windows 8, and my guy recommended Windows 7 instead. I don't suppose you can buy Windows 7 off the shelf anymore. Has Windows 9 come out yet? I was happy with Vista, but Microsoft quit supporting it and my new email wouldn't work with it, so I had this guy install Windows 7.

There was a column by Gene Lyons in our paper today about Hillary Clinton. He says that the scandal mongers have been after Hillary for over 20 years now. He calls it "The National Bitch Hunt". It seems that they've never been able to make any of it stick, but that doesn't stop them from trying, generally making fools of themselves in the process. Why do you suppose that is? Lyons says, "This is what happens when the Heathers at the Cute Girls lunch table suspect you're smarter than they are." I think what he's trying to say is that some people are resentful of Hillary's intelligence. I don't know much about Hillary myself. I would never vote for her, but that's no reason to go slinging mud at her. It seems that her record should speak for itself. I guess the same could be said about Obama. He seems to be pretty smart too, but you don't get to be President of the United States by being stupid. I can understand why some people would resent it if one of their peers was a lot smarter than they were, or thought that he was. But isn't a high level government leader supposed to be smart? There are lots of reasons not to vote for a politician, or to not like him once he gets elected, but it doesn't seem like one of them should be that he's too intelligent.

Maybe that's why you or I never became president. You think? Mrs. Jordan told me that I would make a good politician or lawyer, but I told her that I was too honest for that. Without a moment's hesitation she came back with, "So what else are you interested in?" She acknowledged that honesty might be a liability in politics, but she didn't say that intelligence was.



No comments:

Post a Comment