Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

What Have You Got Against Horses?


"I’m pretty sure it’s the executive prerogative to enforce or not enforce laws. I’m sure it’s happened many times before."

Well, maybe it is, but I've never heard of it before. The reason I brought this up in the first place is that I thought you might be more familiar with it than I am. I don't watch Fox News, and I am not familiar with all the people with whom you are comparing me. I have read about this in my local paper and saw it on the TV news a few times and I wondered about it, that's all.

Of course I am not a big fan of Obama's, I never voted for him and never will, but I would never attack him with lies or rumors like a lot of people have. If I wanted to do that I would be in league with those "birthers" who claim that he wasn't even born in the US. When I first heard about that, I hoped that it was true, but I looked it up on Wiki and concluded that it probably wasn't. I thought it was kind of fishy when congress and the courts refused to even consider it, but I suppose that they had their reasons. I also thought it was fishy when, years later, Donald Trump said that Obama should release the "long form" of his birth certificate, and he finally did. I mean, why would he resist doing that for years and then finally do it because Donald Trump, of all people, told him to? Of course that doesn't prove that the birthers are right, it just suggests that something fishy is going on. Just because I am curious and speculate about something like that, does that make me a "Foxie"?

I think there was some health care stuff passed during the Bush administration, something to do with prescription drugs. I understand that there were about a dozen different plans and we were supposed to pick one of them. Well I never did, mostly because I hardly ever take prescription drugs. The last time I did that was back in 2008 when I had that bleeding ulcer, and that was before I was even eligible for Medicare. When I did go on Medicare, I just signed up for Part A and Part B, and I haven't even used that yet.

You're right that Obamacare seems to be modeled on Romneycare, which is the main reason I didn't vote for Romney in the primary. I think it's also quite similar to the plan Hillary Clinton proposed when her husband was president. I didn't like it then, I don't like it now, and I wouldn't like it any better if a Republican proposed it. I believe that, if they are going to have any kind of national health plan, it should be a single payer plan like Canada has. If they don't want to do that, then they shouldn't do anything. Of course that's just my opinion, and I only have one vote. You seem to be saying that anything is better than nothing, and I disagree.

I do think that Marijuana thing is going to get interesting one of these days. I'm in favor of legalizing pot, but this seems like a funny way to do it. There's nothing wrong with something being legal in some states and illegal in others but, in this case, there is still the federal law to deal with. I think that the proper way to do it would be to repeal the federal law first, leaving it up to the individual states to decide whether or not they want to legalize it. The way they're doing it now is just asking for trouble. What's going to happen when the next president comes along and decides to reverse Obama's policy? Oh well, I suppose that's what courts and lawyers are for.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment