Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

"Everybody Must Get Stoned."

I agree with what you said about weak arguments and careless insults, but I still think that the only thing those terrorists understand is force. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are intimidated by force. It is my understanding that their religion teaches them that, if they die fighting the Infidels (that's us), they go directly to Heaven no matter what else they have done in their lives, so it doesn't matter to them if they win or lose, as long as they get to use force. Then again, this doesn't prove that the only thing they understand is force, it only proves that force is their preferred method of operation, so maybe you're right about that after all. I agree that they are not cowards, what they really are is mentally ill because they believe that committing suicide is a good thing to do.

I may be wrong about that driver's license thing too, but I do remember reading something about some women, I believe it was in Saudi Arabia, who caught a lot of flack for trying to get driver's licenses. Truth be know, I don't know if any of them got stoned to death over it, but they do still stone women to death for adultery over there, so maybe I should have said that instead. Are you saying it's okay for them to do that?

This reminds me of a story: One day Jesus met up with a mob that was about to stone a woman to death for adultery and He said, "Let he who is without sin among you cast the first stone." This took the wind out of their sails, and the mob began dropping their stones on the ground and drifting away. Just then, one big rock sailed into the air from the back of the crowd, struck the woman in the head, and killed her instantly. Jesus shook his head sadly and muttered, "You know, Mom, sometimes you piss me off." (Since you probably weren't paying attention when we discussed this in Sunday School, I should explain that the Virgin Mary was supposed to be "without sin". Get it now?)

I don't know enough about the recent treaty with Iran to criticize it. I understand that the agreement is for only six months, and that they're supposed to talk about it some more. I suppose it's okay if it works, but that remains to be seen. I've got nothing against our guys talking to the Muslims, I just wish they would stop feeding them and buying their oil.

That story about Joe Swallow wasn't a big deal, it was just something that I remembered from back in the day. The more I think about it, I think it went something like this: Welfare programs in Michigan are administered by the counties, but most of the funding comes from the state and federal governments. I think that some of the rural counties either didn't have welfare programs or had really small ones, and were not interested in getting involved with that sort of thing. I remember hearing about other issues where our county didn't want to sign on to state or federal programs because they didn't want those people coming in here and telling them what to do. This has changed over the years, and now they are just as eager to belly up to the pork barrel as everybody else. 

The last I heard, Michigan was requiring welfare recipients to either get a job or go to school. It used to be that, with the low wage scale around here, some people could make more money on welfare than they could by working. I think what they do now is make up the difference between their wages and what they would have made just going on welfare. I'm not sure about that because they keep changing this stuff all the time. There recently was some talk about making welfare recipients take drug tests, but I don't know whether or not it was passed.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment