Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Studying web design

As for spiders, let me introduce a friend of mine:

Oh, nice.  I've done a lot of reading lately about many things spider related and I recognize that little guy as a jumping spider, a very popular critter these days.  Cute and colorful, what's not to like?

Here's a pic of the latest egg sac that is hatching and you can barely make out the dead fruit fly on the top for scale.  These critters are tiny and I suspect that there is a little cannibalizing going on.

 

And speaking of dead fruit flies here is one of the original orb weavers I grabbed in August enjoying a snack.  You can see the distinctive red eyes of the fruit fly and a little bit of the wings.  The image is a still frame from a video capture; it took her about a half an hour to complete her meal, including a little after dinner grooming.  Not much left of the fly, though, just a little lump that she unceremoniously flung off her leg.


-----

And if I recall correctly, and I am sure that I will be corrected if I am mistaken, the scourge was rather fond of Drops from the Faucet.

Unless you can cite some proof you may consider yourself corrected.  That song rings no bells, neither does the singer.

I didn't realize the lyrics you quoted were from Marie.  The music is certainly an ear worm for me but all I remember from the words is "Marie, da da da, da da, Marie, da da da, da da...the something-something, yadda yadda yadda..."  Those Irish lads harmonize nicely but I would hardly call their tunes "mopey" but I'm no expert.

Here's another ear worm that I've been enjoying lately from the middle 60s, puts me into a good mood.  The Easybeats on German TV, circa 1967: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIkhWutDecg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment