Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Singin' the Blues

 Sorry, but the song didn't do anything for me, even now that I have the lyrics.  I'm no musicologist or anything, but I think it would be classified as "blues", so I understand how it would mean something to Uncle Ken, who has recently lost something near and dear to his heart.  

I am reminded of a line from a song that I once heard on the radio:  "I like my dog, I like my pickup truck, I like my girlfriend, but I love this bar." I've seen lots of bars come and go in and around Cheboygan in my day.  Some of them burned down, some of them were torn down, and some of them changed ownership.  Either way, none of them were ever quite the same again.  Of course, nothing lasts forever, even us.  You can't go backward in time, you can only pick up the pieces and go forward.  Here's hoping that Uncle Ken can find another venue for his art, and for his life as well.

Since my first choice (Pence) for the Republican presidential nomination has dropped out, this one is shaping up to be my second choice.

Nikki Haley scoffs at Trump's lead in 2024 GOP primary: 'Drama and chaos follows him' (msn.com)

If Trump gets the nomination, I'm voting Libertarian, not just for president, but for everybody.  If the Republicans ever get rid of Trump, I'll start voting for them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment