Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

satan and the russkies and the chicoms and Ho Chi Minh cutting a rug on the head of a pin.

I have to admit I did not understand that biblical quote myself.  Well maybe I understood the house divided part, but the divided against itself as opposed to merely divided is a little iffy, and Satan divided against Satan?  Truth be known, and as I'm sure your ilk has long suspected about my ilk, I rather like Satan, well in movies anyway.  He is always so cosmopolitan and witty, while the old priest, just a day from retirement is always so kindly and boring.  It's not even close.

I lost you again in the second paragraph where you took up it seems, with some kind of discourse as to how many satans could dance on the head of a pin like some scholastic monk.  Could more satans than angels dance on the head of a pin?  I don't know, but I am sure they would be the better dancers because they would have the better music.

But I agree with you on those pithy sayings.  If you look at them once they gleam with truth and relevance and brevity, but if you examine them more closely they are like onto a crumbled up gum wrapper.

I suppose we could learn something about those Indians sticking together through the lean years and relying on themselves and all, but probably the most important thing we could take away is to hire a sharp lawyer.

Interesting about how those countries got along.  The Russkies did help the Chicoms in the early days, but I don't think the Chinese ever really liked the Russkies.  I think there is something in Marxism where it is not just a country thing, it is a worldwide movement, and I think during the Russian revolution there was a point where one side (Trotsky) wanted worldwide and the other side (Stalin) wanted to look out for Mother Russia.

But they sort of soft-pedaled it, I don't remember either side making any bold declarations.  I can see where someone might have thought they were all in it together.  The thing that always strikes me is that one of the first things the newly minted commie country of Vietnam did was go to war with Chicoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment